By Sálim Ali
For ornithologists, common historical past fanatics, environmentalists, and novice birdwatchers, this revised version of a 1983 ebook is key because the simply single-volume consultant to be had of birds in India. not like comparable books, which basically conceal one zone or even then just a small component of species of their region, this quantity comprises the entire chicken species present in the Indian subcontinent, proven in over a hundred colour plates from famous American poultry painter John Henry Dick. The plates were prepared through family members in systematic order, and the writer presents concise details referring to prestige, dimension, habitat, and distribution.
Read Online or Download A Pictorial Guide to the Birds of the Indian Subcontinent PDF
Best pets & animal care books
To grasp a Shih Tzu is to like a Shih Tzu . . . theyвЂ™re impossible to resist, coy, flirtatious, and passionately dedicated partners. They love the great existence, and even though they are often smart (or selectively deaf, or consciously naГЇve), the Shih Tzu is so endearing that even вЂњbig dogвЂќ enthusiasts locate themselves swooning over this cute breed.
Shrewdpermanent proprietors consultant Chihuahua is the 1st interactive breed e-book of it variety to provide new and amateur proprietors a enjoyable new approach to know about taking care of their dependable partners. Chihuahua bargains the main up to date on-line aid with fast entry to membership Chi™ the place vendors can meet and engage with different devoted vendors, obtain charts and checklists, play Chihuahua-specific video games, take quizzes, and ship Chihuahua themed e-cards.
Have the main proficient puppy locally! are looking to educate your puppy the good methods? This step by step advisor is helping you simply teach your four-legged good friend utilizing optimistic reinforcement. by way of instructing Fido a number of methods — from easy strikes to extra complicated exercises — you are going to satisfy your dog's wish to be the famous person of the express.
Awards:Cat Writers’ organization Muse Medallion, Books - healthiness and common Care categoryAbout. com Readers’ selection Award, top booklet approximately Cat CareThe all-in-one source for cat ownersDo you think about cats valued family members? do you need to make sure you are giving the one you love tom cat pal the superior attainable care?
- Good Dog, Happy Baby: Preparing Your Dog for the Arrival of Your Child
- Purebred Rescue Dog Adoption: Rewards and Realities
- Click & Easy: Clicker Training for Dogs
- Guinea, Edition: annotated edition
Extra resources for A Pictorial Guide to the Birds of the Indian Subcontinent
ORANGEBELLIED CHLOROPSIS or LEAF BlRD Chloropsis hardwickii 67(4) 1108. hinchinensis 1109. FAIRY BLUEBIRD Irena prrella 67(6) 67( 14) Family PYCNONOTIDAE: Bulbuls Noisy. gregarious and mostly dull-coloured birds with soft, long and fluffy plumage. Bill short to medium lcnglll m d sl~glitlycurved. Legs short and rather weak. Wings short and rounded; tail comparatively longcr. Hairlike fcalhers on nape and rich1 hristles usually well developed. Sexcs generally alike. Food. fruit, nectar, berries, insects.
907. EL. SINGING BUSH LARK Mirafra javanica BUSH LARK Mirafra assamica Ssp. aJJinis of 873. REDWINGED BUSH LARK Mirafra erythroptera ASHYCROWNED FINCH-LARK Eremopterix grisea BLACK CROWNED FINCH-LARK Eremopterix nigriceps DESERT FINCH-LARK Ammomanes deserti BARTALLED DESERT LARK Ammomanes cincturus RUFOUSTAILED FINCH-LARK Ammomanes phoenicurus BIFASClATED or LARGE DESERT LARK Alaernon alarrdipes SHORT-TOED LARK Calandrella cinerea LESSER SHORT-TOED LARK Calandrella rufescens SAND LARK Calandrella raytal EASTERN CALANDRA LARK Melanocorypha bimocrilata LONGBILLED CALANDRA LARK Melanocorypha maxima Ssp.
Moss and grass. in small trees and bushes. Eggs. 3-7. 1062. WAXWING Romhvcilla garrrtlrts 1063. GREY HYPOCOLIUS Hvpncolirts atnprlinrrs Plate 94( 16) 94(19) Family CAMPEPHAGIDAE: Cuckoo-Shrikes and MiniveLs Small lo medium sized arboreal hirds. Plumage hoft, of Inosely atlached feathers, grey, hlack, blue. red, orange or yellow. Bill relatively heavy and slightly to strongly hooked. Legs short. Tail typically graduated and long. The birds rarely descend to the ground. F d , chiefly insects. Nest, a shallow open cup of twigs and rootlets cemented with cobweh on a high hranch or in a fork ol hranches.
- Tug of War by Barbara Cleverly
- Psychiatry and Clinical Neuroscience: A Primer by Charles Zorumski, Eugene Rubin